On Turning 29

On Turning 29
Just my age.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

On Turning 29

Yesterday I turned 29 years old and I am not sure how I feel about things. I mean I have started a new gig these past few weeks and I know that will work out. It feels good to be back in the swing of things. I am sorry about the lack of entries, it’s not like I don’t have any good ideas, I just don’t have the time like I used too. I work a dreadful(though I am so happy to have) shift that is too early to really do anything and I finish too late to do anything. I mean granted I probably could get up early and find a coffee shop that is near my place and write and blog there, but I feel tired. I could also try to do it after work as well, but fuck I am tired after being on my feet and dealing with people for about 9 hours a day. It’s a no win. I will try and write when I get home, but by that time my eyes and head hurt from starring at a monitor for so long. This never used to happen to me but I guess I am getting older.

This was one of the more quieter birthdays of recent memory I must say. I usually try and have a party or a delicious dinner but I kind of lost my fire for those kinds of things I guess back in 2009. In 2004 and 2005 I had a good party. In 2004 I had a big joint party with another friend*. In 2005 I Went to a junky Korean restaurant( although at that time I thought it was decent for reasons that have been lost in time), and afterwards my friends and I went to drink and we had a good time. Later that weekend my father and brother and I went to watch “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” In 2006 I didn’t do much I reckon. I didn’t have much money. I guess my birthdays haven’t really been all that grand. Usually just dinner and a little bit of drinking. 2007 and 2008 were not bad years I guess**.

Do I feel weird about getting older? Not really. I just feel like I want more to life. I am glad to be alive and I am noticing I am have patience for a lot of things but a lot of impatience for a great many things as well. Let us start with the impatience aspect. I am impatient when it comes to meeting new women. I guess I had some more patience when I was younger. I had the time to slowly get to know someone, but it seems these days I lack that patience. I do not mean that all I want to do is meet some woman and fuck her as soon as I see her. That part, I have more patience now, then before.

I am impatient when it comes to intentions. I want to get married and have kids. I am approaching 30 and I want to have kids sooner rather then later. I do not want to have a baby at fucking 38 years old and be almost 60 when those kids go to college. If I have a kid next year then I will be only close to fifty and that I can live with. I have a few friends who’s parents are in their 60s and they are my age. Fuck that shit man. I have one friend, a guy friend, who’s dad fought in Vietnam. Jesus fucking Christ. That is something that I don’t want to have,

What I don’t like and what a lot of women do is that say you meet a new person. You as the male think everything is going good. You ask the girl out to dinner and hang out. Everything is going well. You pay for dinner. You repeat and maybe you do an activity. Still on your dime though, and say after about 4 dates, then this person says “Dude let’s be friends” I don’t mind that. I don’t mind meeting a new girl and her telling me up front that all she wants is to be friends. What fucking chafes my fucking skin is the fact that she allowed me to think that I was getting somewhere and she got four fucking free meals from me. I just wish they were up front. If they were then I would handle things differently. I just wish women would tell me things up front rather then after I have spent money on them.

I also have impatience for bullshit. My bullshit meter is much stronger then it was when I was younger and I thank age and experience for that. I can size up people really fast now and I can tell people who are smart or dumb or just plainly full of shit. I get tired of meeting people who are supposedly really smart and when they start saying things my eyes become small and my rage begins.

I have noticed this when people talk to me about movies, movie collecting, printing and writing. I am not smart in many things, but I do know a lot about movies and movie collecting and printing. I just feel all mad when ever I encounter a person like this.

I feel impatient when it comes to buying things as well. Mostly movies or books. It’s like I have to buy it now. I guess I became this way once I seriously started using plastic to buy all of my shit. Before I was strictly only used cash. I mean it took me many years to surpass my 250 mark of collecting DVDs. Now that I have blu ray I am at 100 blu rays and I have been collecting them since December. At this rate I will surpass my DVD collection by the summer.

In terms of patience I am much more patient when it comes to working. I do not anger as easily when I would get stressed out like I used too. I am not insane about pussy like I used to be. Granted I love that shit and when I am at it, I am crazy but I do not pick up every fucking oriental that passes my way. I look but I am a fucking human. I am patient when it comes responsibility. Granted I buy a lot of things, but I always take the time to figure out bills first, then everything else later. I make more money now, so I can buy a lot of blu rays, but I also hardly ever buy clothes or drink booze much. I spend my money on 3 things; bills, blu rays and women. I don’t go out often so I mostly movies and bills.

29 is going to be a good year. The odd numbered years tend to be good years. In terms of age and time the odd and numbered years rock. I don’t know why, With the exception of 2001 most odd numbered years have been great. Although 2011 was a bit dodgy

*In 2004 I had a joint party with my friends from South Korea. One guy, my friend(who I talked about in the 9/16/2011 entry)'s boyfriend and I had a party together. It was fun, because another girl whom I was crushing on helped me plan it, but at the same time it kind of sucked. I had to see my friend and her boyfriend kiss. When he was drunk they kissed with tounges. That was not pleasant.

**In 2007 I took my ex, her mom and my dad to see a Korean movie called "200lb Beauty" and then we had dinner at a joint called "Hanuru" great Korean food. In 2008 i took my dad, my ex and my brother to have Korean dinner at the same place. I was moneybags during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment