On Turning 29

On Turning 29
Just my age.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

An Ode to Sweatpants

Sweatpants often time get a bad rap. For a piece of clothing that is universally comfortable, when someone goes outside with sweatpants on and a jacket they are often looked upon as unkempt or lazy. I think for what ever reason, sweatpants are usually the symbol of people who are lazy, do nothing all day but lay around watching TV. I think that is totally wrong, in this entry I am going to talk about the different way sweatpants rock and how they should be more accepted before people judge. I think people are too judge mental, especially when people wear sweats.

I think sweats can be sexy, sometimes on women of a certain build. These tend to me on the slimmer to smaller side. I often times take the bus and see some girls, usually Latinas or Asian girls and they wear sweats, and I think they look good. Usually when women wear sweats when they tend to wear the tighter sweats that shows off their physique and this is when it looks really sexy. I hate it when women wear the loose sweats. It looks funky on them and makes them appear to be shapeless. I don’t like that look, but more times then not, the girls wear the tighter fitting sweats.

I love sweats, to me they are man’s greatest invention when it comes to clothing. After a long day at work, of running around or doing whatever crappy work you have to, there is nothing like coming home to take a shower or bath and then slipping into a nice pair of sweats. Their warm and comfortable and as soon as you put them on you feel relaxed and at ease.

I used to only wear sweatpants when just hanging around the house or about to go to sleep. But this past week I went out twice with just my sweats and a jacket and I have to admit, it was nice. I felt comfortable just walking around the city in the sweats and I felt alive. I know it may seem silly, but you have to remember I am the kind of person that has to put on a pair of work pants to go anywhere. So it was kind of a big deal for me to go out in public with them on.

Another cool thing about sweatpants is that they’re cheap. I love the Costco brand and Target brands, you can buy like I think 3 pairs for $20. That is a hell of a price. A lot of other brands like Juicy Couture or Fubu sells sweats as well, but they are overpriced for their use. There has been a couple of times when I bought sweats for the girls of the moment sweats from Victoria Secret and they were close to $40 per pair. What a rip off, and all because they said the word PINK on them.

Some of you may be asking yourselves;

“Why is this angry guy writing about sweatpants?”

I guess I wanted to tackle a non controversial. Do not worry, I am going soft. Today is Saturday and like what a lot of people like to do on Saturdays, at least during the day, is relax and not worry about anything. I figured this would be a good thing to write about.

Sweatpants often times get a bum rap. The movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" talks about this issue. He asks his girlfriend while they're breaking up, what exactly is wrong with sweat pants. This is what Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) Says:

"Oh,, if they were Sean Jean sweatpants it would be no problem, but because they were Costco brand, it’s the worst thing I could do.."

This is after Sarah Marshall got mad at him for wearing sweatpants all the time.

Enjoy this brief interlude, tomorrow I am going to be telling another story and on Monday I am back at full force. Enjoy and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment