On Turning 29

On Turning 29
Just my age.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Free Will Does NOT Exist

Free will is truly an illusion. I mean people are always talking about how, how God all gave us free will to do whatever we like and that we get to choose whatever path, we walk on, but I am calling bullshit. I call bullshit, because there is one big glaring mistake in this way of thinking. In the 3 major western religions all say that we are all following God’s plan and that we also have free will. If we have free will then we can do whatever we want. But if this is all God’s plan, then doesn’t that mean that each and every decision that we have made is already preordained(already made) for us. It’s a fucking brain twister if you really think about it, I mean do we really have free will or is everything already planned?

This is a question that has plagued a lot of people. It also has plagued me and I feel that this is a subject that has to be addressed. I have argued with many people, especially so called holy or Christian people, on whether or not we really have free will. They have always told me that it’s because of God’s love that we have free will and it is because in his wisdom gave us the ultimate gift of free will. But like I said before that is wrong.

Remember that God is all knowing, and knows everything. This is another way of looking through the eyes of God and proving that free will is pure bullshit. This is a  thought experiment called Casual Deterism this is taken from www.wikipedia.org

Imagine an entity, that knows all facts about the past and the present, and knows all natural laws that govern the universe. If the laws of nature were determinate, then such an entity would be able to use this knowledge to foresee the future, down to the smallest detail.

This is the only way to see through the eyes of God, what this is saying that a an entity like God can see everything from the beginning of time to the end of time then there is no free will. If God knows what you did last week and what you’re going to do in forty years on this very day then every decision you make and continue making are leading to whatever even happens in 40 years.

Also since there is no free will, then every event that has happened in my life and in the life of anyone who reads this entry was preordained and every option took or not took all leads up to the moment where you are reading this sentence as I type it.

It’s rather spooky, when one thinks about it. We really don’t have control of our lives. We are governed by predetermination, fate and whatever else governs our short little lives. I get tired of people telling me that we have complete control of our lives with free will. I am sorry to break it to you folks, but we don’t.

Like I said, everything that has happened and everything you have done has led you to this moment of you reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment