On Turning 29

On Turning 29
Just my age.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The End of an Era

This world has seen the end of a great set of movies. I am talking about the Harry Potter series. I personally could get into the books. I found the way they are written, is dry and i just could not get into it. I am not saying that they are bad books, but I could not get into them. I feel the same about LOTR, but that is for another day. What Harry Potter does have, are really kick ass movies. All the movies to me are really well made and fun too watch.

Yesterday I was able to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and was amazed by it. It was an adventuresome film, that was full of drama, action, suspense and an ending that was satisfying. i am not going to really review the film, but I feel that credit has be given to a good film and a good film it is. I paid for a 2D showing, but due to craftiness, i was able to see it on 3D and on Xtreme Cinema as well. That rocks.

To me the Harry Potter movies are a movie of my grown up life. I remember back in 2001, right when I turned 19, I went to see Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It was a birthday treat to myself. I had no idea, what i was in for and i was blown away at just how funny and odd the movie was. After that I saw all the movies on their opening day, with exception of Parts 4 and 7. Those two I saw it on the Saturdays of their release. For Goblet of Fire(part 4) i saw it on my birthday with my dad and brother. Due to my work schedule I had to see Deathly Hollows Part 1 on Saturday as well.

I just think that Harry Potter are great movies. I think they are rare. They have done what a lot of movie franchises have never done. They have never made a flop. A lot of franchises have flops or one movie that they're embaressed of. Not Harry Potter.

Go see the epic conclusion.

My rankings of the Harry Potter movies:

1)Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2
3)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4)Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
5)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1
6)Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone
7)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
8)Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

No comments:

Post a Comment