On Turning 29

On Turning 29
Just my age.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An Ode to Family

The Tree of Life is a movie that everyone needs to see. It is an odd movie, with visuals of the cosmos, and of family and of primordial Earth. I am not going to review the movie but it did get me thinking about family. In our lives as humans, we live lives and almost everyone has a family. Sometimes, some people are lucky enough to grow up with a classically normal family with a mom and a dad who have stayed together. I did not grow up with parents who stayed together but they did the best they could.

I think it is tough being a son. I am an eldest son so their was always pressure on me to be the example for my younger brother. I guess I got to thinking about my relationship with my family because the film deals with relationships between brothers and fathers and sons and mothers and sons and fathers. I am happy with my family. Even though they weren't together like a typical family I think they did a good job. I may not be the biggest winner in this world and of course I wish i could have done things a bit differently I do not have any real regrets and I am grateful to both sides of my family for giving me life and taking care of me.

This is just going be a short blog entry. I just think that with all the crazy bullshit that happens in this world, we tend to forget about the people who are always there for us and people who don't really judge us. Family does sometimes bug one another but when the chips are down and your back is against a wall, their is no better people to count on.

I just wanted to make a short and sweet blog entry today. I have reread my last few entries and some of them were pretty angry and dark. Tomorrow I will be back with a vengeance!

No comments:

Post a Comment